Monday, November 23, 2009

Interview: Bobby Johnson


Robert Edward Johnson, the name has quite a professional jingle to it ay? Sounds more or less like an old president or something though if you ask me, but nonetheless, the kid fits the name… ironically enough. When the idea to interview Bobby about his new film, “The Game,” came into my head I got hyped, and wondered why I hadn’t ever done this before. Bob is extremely talented in his filming, screen writing, and directing to say the least. Having experienced the “set life” numerous times already, Bobby’s comfort shines on set, and his actors, crew-members, and even extras are all pleased to do whatever he asks, for he always does it with a smile, and mellow laughter. A busy man he is, Bob is currently getting ready to make the move to New York where he’ll be attending a film program at NYU for a few months, then hopes to enroll there and continue his working. With a few other schools in mind, Bobby is prepared to go wherever he has to, to continue his hope to make it in the film industry, and I’d easily put down money in his favor.

Bobby has wrote, filmed, and directed a few other movies. His YouTube account is, “BobbyJ1234” and you can check out a few older films that he’s made in the past. I want to thank Bob for letting me have this interview (cuz I woulda beat his ass if he didn’t haha), and I just want to say to the un-aware public—this kid will be doing big things in the near future, so be on the lookout. Bob is living proof that hard work does pay off.

Anyways, here it is… The Bobby Johnson Interview



BB) So for starters tell us your age, and where you’re from?
BJ) I’m 20, and I’m from San Marcos

BB) What sparked your interest in film in the first place?
BJ) Skateboarding started my film desire. I bought my first camera at 12 and started making skateboarding videos, and things progressed from there. I made my first video with a story at the age of 13, and it was titled "Sandwich." Although, I filmed other skateboarding and "jackass" type videos after I bought my first camera.

BB) When did you know this was a positive career choice for yourself?
BJ) After I made my second skate video, I realized this could be a possibility. At the premiere I had people tell me how much fun they had and how they liked the movie… so after that I knew a career in film was what I wanted. But as long as I can remember I’ve been telling stories for others to enjoy.

BB) What do you enjoy about filming so much?
BJ) I enjoy being able to make a vision that is in my head come alive for others to enjoy. As most of my cast and crew would tell you, when I get a shot just right I get so excited!


BB) What don't you enjoy about filming?
BJ) What I don't enjoy is sometimes when I have to get bossy or yell--but sometimes it is needed. Also, I don't like having to do all the jobs. I would much rather focus on one job and make sure that part turns out good, but that’s not always the case.


BB) What's your new movie, "The Game" about?
BJ) "The Game" is about a girl who has to struggle with keeping her identity or give up everything she knew for the necessities of life.
I hope to have a trailer to give to you soon.

BB) How has filming for it been going?
BJ) The filming as always has its ups and downs. Overall though I feel it is going very well compared to some of my other films.



BB) Who are some of your influences in film?
BJ) Some of my biggest filming influences for this film in particular are: Stanley Kubrick, The Coen Brothers, and Roman Polanski, especially because this film is similar to some scenes in their films. Another big influence is Chris Nolan though, who also is one my favorite directors

BB) Just to ask, how's skateboarding been going?
BJ) I have been focusing much more on just skating around and having fun rather than filming a part these days. I still enjoy filming every once and a while, but school and work has been getting in the way. I still try to skate as much as possible--I know that will ever change.

BB) Future plans/anything you'd like to add?
BJ) The future plans I have now are to move to New York and succeed there to continue for the remaining two years I have of school. After that, I will go wherever God takes me.




||SWMP.ASS||

No comments:

Post a Comment