Thursday, November 26, 2009

Interview: Vicente Rosales


My favorite thing about Vicente, is that he’s always “down for the cause.” Any idea I’ve ever had with skateboarding whether it be a company, new crew, a video, or in this case a website—Vicente has always been there, supporting me full forced, before a grip of people. And I appreciate that very much. Vicente has been in the skate world for quite some time now. Besides the unique bag of tricks he seems to possess, Vicente is extremely talented both in filming skateboarding and just in general, and I’m hyped to some-what promote his projects on here in any way I can.

Vicente is a mellow dude, with a ton of passion in what he does. He is an awesome guy to have on the sesh, and his energy will get you hyped. Constantly putting in work for skateboarding, Vicente has worked for the dudes at Syndrome, done a few things for Transworld, and constantly stays busy producing his own skate videos and films. He’s currently in the works of 2 full-length skate flicks, and is always working on a handful of side projects at the same time. Vicente does work hard at what he does, he’s an excellent filmer, and his work is unique and enjoyable to watch. I’m extremely hyped on the outcome of these videos, and more than anything I want to thank Vicente for giving me this interview. A dude who loves skateboarding, and the sub-culture of skateboarding, so much… needs to get the hype he deserves as well. Vicente… Cheers man. Hats off to you.

So without any more further ado, enjoy some Cold Turkey and 2 beers with none other than: Vicente Rosales.


BB) What up Vicente, first of all, how's everything going?
VR) Shit well right now I just got back from some skating. Now I’m just doing some editing & uploading

BB) What've you been up to lately?
VR) Just filming, working, kiggin it with the wife, chillin with the homies, living life.

BB) How's your new vid coming along and what's it called?
VR) Well there’s two videos I’m working on right now; The first one is The Fios 3 Video, Titled "F3" and it will be the third of the series. (Youtube Fios for info) & then there’s The Greedy Monster Video (which is just a homies video) that I’ve been focusing on as well. I also have a Chris Mohney Syndrome Part coming which almost done, and a Civilized Sunday for Transworld coming up in December, and I just got done on Fios 2 1/2 entitled "Rememberance” which will be realeased as a two disc DVD when Fios 3 if finished and comes out.

BB) Who's having parts in the videos?
VR) Well For Fios--Its All The Dudes From Fios2 plus Adam Bumanian, and as of Sunday Wyatt Johnson. As For The GM video, the full part slots are still up in the air, it changes constantly but as of now its for sure Anthony Nukols and Chris Mohney.

BB) Have you guys taken any trips? (small or big)
VR) Umm, well we took a trip to Colorado during the summer which was legit, but usually we're keeping local staying down in SD. New spots are always popping up down there, and the old ones stay fun. We're planning on taking another Colorado trip in May though, and a few Arizona trips are in the works too.

BB) Any parts we should be on the lerk-out for?
VR) Shit well for the FIOS video definitely Adam Bemanian--dudes amazing on the board its amazing watching him just pull the most random and legit tricks sometimes… the dude just loves skateboarding & has the clips to prove it. But as for the GM video I can honestly say both Anthony & Mohney are killing it right now its fun skating with those two, I love watching them push each other to get the better and gnarlier tricks.

BB) How's skating been going for you?
VR) Ha! I haven't been skating much actually, I just now started to film and try to get clips after about a 6 month hiatus, I've just been too busy filming, making tapes, and trying to get the homies names out in the industry to worry about my own skating, I’m just in that stage where I’m slowing gaining my tricks back and getting into the filming habit again.

BB) What's the motivation behind the video, if any?
VR) Uhm I mean really it’s just the homies. Its fun helping my friends--both new and old--film and get their names out there. I just like being able to watch a video and know that I helped, or even fully produced the video I’m watching, and being able to see my friends getting stoked on themselves is what really makes it all worth while.

BB) Any filming influences?
VR) Well really, I can only see myself being influenced by Ty Evans, but even then not so much him. I just kind of do my own thing... I definitely have a different style compared to most filmers, I like to really make sure the footage is going to look good. And I make sure everyone’s gonna be happy with the results. I mean it kinda shows how much time you take to make sure that clip is gonna look good, because I mean it comes back and reflects on you.

BB) What do you think of the Swamp Blog?
VR) im stoked, i really like what youre doing with it so far, keeping it skateboarding and making sure it stays that way, keeping it street like most of the skate rats in the marcos

BB) Any shout outs/anything you'd like to add?
VR) Ummm, I'd just like to say thanks to my family, all the FIOS dudes, all the people I've been able to film. A Huge thanks to Chris Mohney for really being a homie to me. Nuckols, Old School Chris, my wife Karla--who keeps me down to earth. Teresa and Taylor Quinn, as well as the Garrett Cash family. Big Jim and all the homies in Oregon. Allan Ross, Jud Boardman, Kevin Calumpit and my homie Keith Hampton who’s in the hospital--keep your head high! I’m praying for you and your family. And a huge thanks to Brian Blakely and the dudes behind Swamp for interviewing me, I’m stoked for the future and ill be supporting you guys in anyway I can. Also be on the look out for the Civilized Sunday video on the Transworld website and the Chris Mohney syndrome video coming out very soon. And if anyone needs a filmer…. I’m always down to help.


BB) Thanks Vicente, have a good one.

||SWMP.ASS||

No comments:

Post a Comment