Thursday, December 3, 2009

Interview: Waylon Hendricks



So I still remember when I first got the idea to start interviewing people for this website--preferably people from the skateboarding world--Waylon was one of the first kids to pop into my head. I've had his progression slap me in the face man, this kid really does have an enormous amount of skill, and he can chill hard all the same. Every time I skate with Waylon I leave surprised, not because I didn't expect any less, but because his skill is just not something you see every day. And on top of all this, he does it with a green smile.

One of the sickest things about Waylon too, is that I see him from time-to-time at school also. A kid so ripping on his skateboard still has time to go to college, pass classes, and do homework. This might not be as rewarding to some people, but I personally find it pretty cool that he does go through with it. So without anymore introduction here it is: The Waylon Hendricks Interview



BB) WAYLON whats up man, what are you doing right this second?
WH) Just got back from skating the local skatepark, now I’m rippin a bowl ha.

BB) What's new?
WH) Nothing really just skating filming trying to have fun

BB) How's skateboarding?
WH) FUN!!! Always is


BB) You filming for anything right now?
WH) The MHC video, should come out once everyone gets enough tricks. It should be sick.

BB) Who's hooking you up right now?
WH) Zoo York, Pig wheels, and URBan Boardshop--thanks Muffin


BB) How'd you get hooked erp?
WH) MUFFINNN

BB) How long have you been shreddin?
WH) About 5 years, give or take.



BB) What's the low-down on MHC fewl?
WH) Its the raddest shit ever! Ha, Its just all the homies skating, partying, and having fun. Homies that dont even skate are in it, and its world wide some aussies are so down for it too.







BB) I've been seein' some sick photos from you guys as of lately (stewart and frankie as well), some real shit... what's the motivation man?
WH) I don’t know man, everyone’s just been breaking it off lately, getting some good tricks for the video--hopefully its a good local video because no videos really come out of san marcos, so hopefully people kill it in it.

BB) You got any influences?
WH) JIMI HENDRIX, BLACKSABBATH, MHC, everyone I skate with, anything that pumps me up.



BB) Favorite trick right now?
WH) Back 360 or backside big-spin, (my go to trick ha)

BB) Any trips in the mix right now?
WH) Possibly Aussie (Australia) for 6 months soon to skate and work on the wine vineyard with some homies out--there that would be a blast!



BB) Favorite movie? (not skate video)
WH) Pulp Fiction!


BB) What're you doing when your off your board?
WH) Girls, green rips, sippin on some wine, chillin, brews… just trying to live and have a goodtime, I try to stay on my board as much as possible though.


BB) What do you think about school? (Palomar)
WH) School sucks but Palomar’s pretty chill—if anything they got a bunch of nice asses cruisin around there.



BB) What's your input on the Swamp "Blog"?
WH) Its rad man i wanna see more

BB) What're your plans for the future holmes?
WH) Live my life to the fullest and have fun… skate as long as I can, possibly travel, just cruise wherever.

BB) SHOUT OUTS! / ANYTHING I MISSED?
WH) MHC CRUE, ALL THE HOMIES, MUFFIN--thanks for hooking me up, Albert tacos in Vista for having the best breakfast burritos ever.

BB) Cheers Waylon. Thanks a lot man.
WH) No problem dude--have a good one























--BBswamp
Photos taken by: Charlie Nunez & Old School Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment